Projects and Activities
Our Kiwanis club participates in a variety of projects throughout the year that involve fundraising, community service, and assisting children locally and worldwide. Additionally, we have speakers at our weekly meetings to explore topics of interest to the membership. We engage in a number of social activities to share experiences, talents and our collective interests. All represent great opportunities for service, friendships and personal growth.
Below are the projects and activities in which we are currently involved:
- BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS (Send young people to camp, Pancake breakfast sports equipment distribution, bring children to a symphony performance where they area also offered a workshop learning experience)
- KIWANIS SMILES PARTNERED WITH THE STAMFORD HEALTH DEPT. DENTAL HYGIENISTS
- Distribute Dental Dr Seuss book to kindergarteners with dental kit, read the book to the classes
- project reaches almost 1400 kindergarten children. Hygenists show the little ones how to brush.
- STAMFORD SYMPHONY
- ARI (ALWAYS REACHING FOR INDEPENDENCE) Variety of activities
- BUILDERS CLUB (SCOFFIELD MIDDLE SCHOOL) Sponsor school projects and participate when necessary
- KIWANIS FOUNDATION (Children's foundation donation)
- KIWANIS PEDIATRIC TRAUMA INSTITUTE (provide bike helmets and safety on a bike tutorial)
- SALVATION ARMY (Coats for kids, food drives)
- TOYS FOR TOTS
- STAMFORD YOUTH SOCCER (Financial Support)
- There are many additional projects which vary from year to year. There are many areas in which to enrich the lives of children in our community.